Beginning Right Maternity
The Beginning Right maternity program, available to employees and dependents enrolled in an HISD medical plan, helps give your baby a healthy start in life.
Once you enroll, you have access to nurse case managers and a wealth of knowledge and guidance covering everything from prenatal care, labor and delivery to newborn care, breastfeeding and postpartum depression.
Here’s a look at what’s included:
- A voluntary pregnancy risk survey conducted by phone when you call to enroll
- Educational materials, in English and Spanish, including specialized information for Dad or a partner
- Web-based materials and access to certain program services through Women’s Health
- Care coordination by obstetrical nurses
- Smoke-free Moms-to-be® smoking cessation program
- Preterm labor education
- Breastfeeding support services
Enroll in your first trimester and receive a copy of the Mayo Clinic’s Guide to Pregnancy.
For more information about the program, call 800-CRADLE-1 (800-272-3531).